Sunday, March 6, 2011

Group Leadership Project

Below is the Group Leadership Project that I have been working on with my group for CEP 812.  We created a professional development slidecast to show others how to use Google docs and Google presenter.   A "Part 2" should be coming soon to show how to share these documents with others. 
 

 1. What tool did your group use to deliver the PD tutorial?  Why?
Our group chose to use Microsoft PowerPoint to create our PD tutorial for a few reasons.  One was that we all had the program and knew how to use it.  It is also an easy program to use if you are working together because you can copy and paste slides from different presentations into one presentation.  It also seemed like a good idea to use PowerPoint because most people are somewhat familiar with its format and can focus on the content of the presentation instead of the program being used to deliver the information.
  1. What did you learn during the development process of the final product?
As I was putting each of my group members’ parts of the project together, I realized that creating one project out of several parts can be very simple in some ways and complicated in others.  I appreciated that PowerPoint automatically updated the backgrounds of most of the slides so the entire project did not look like 4 separate presentations.  It was nice that the program allowed me to easily copy and paste slides into the correct order and also let me add additional transitional slides as needed.  I was surprised to find out that one of my group members had difficulty doing the recording of the voiceover because one section of slides was different from the rest.  Since the slides had embedded videos, I would have expected them  to automatically play while she left the voiceover of those slides without any sound.
  1. What would you do differently if you had to develop a similar product again?
If I had to develop a similar project again, I would work harder during the planning stages to be sure that my group members and I all had the same understanding of the directions for the project.  Trying to coordinate a project between six people became challenging when I realized that the four parts submitted to me were slightly different. Some were different because group members were not all interpreting directions the same way, and some were different because group members had different levels of technology experience and wanted to create the project in slightly different ways.   




No comments:

Post a Comment